users@glassfish.java.net

JMS Selector Syntax Error Handling

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2008 02:57:11 PST

Hi all,

i recently stumbled upon something wired using JMS Selectors.

Using a topic subscriber, selecting with a Selector-String which syntax is wrong, e.g. containing "some_id_property [b]=[/b] null" leads to following: The subscriber receives no Messages. Okay, no problem, he uses wrong syntax. [b]But[/b]: All other subscribers, with no selector or selector on this topic receive also nothing.
The problem with the selector syntax leads to no error messages in any log level.. (I use Glassfish V2)

Attached you can find a simple testcase (Netbeans project) which demonstrates one wrong subscriber which blocks another subscriber..

Am I the only person who stumbled upon this problem? I think wrong syntax should not block other topic subsribers..

Torben
[Message sent by forum member 'ttretau' (ttretau)]