users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Multi-level inheritance & JPA / TopLink

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2008 23:59:39 PST

Hi.
I added the columns as it stands in the link showed, but nothing changed. When I ommit the DiscriminatorColumn / Value annotations, Toplink uses the defaults, so it wasn't really the issue I think.

I tried to save something in the CCC table, and it worked. Now, when I come to think of it, this is correct after all - it doesn't really matter whose primary key - AAA's or BBB's - CCC references, they are the same anyways. I was mislead because Hibernate treats it a little different, but the code works for both providers.

Is thee a way to delete threads here? - I would like to do this for this one - it is totally worthless and trashes this forums...

Rafal
[Message sent by forum member 'szczyp' (szczyp)]