users@glassfish.java.net

Problem Deployment war file in Sun Java System App Server Enterprise 8.2

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2008 19:43:14 PST

Hi,
I am almost new in JEE development… I’m having a problem to deploy my 1st web service
------little background
My Development environment:
- OS: Windows XP
- NetBeans IDE 6.0.1 with glassfish v2 and JDK 1.5

My Test environment:
- OS: Sun Solaris with,
- Sun Java System Application Server Enterprise Edition 8.2
- java version "1.5.0_12"

------------

I have created a simple HelloWorld webservice in NetBeans and successfully tested from my Dev env, Now I want to deploy this WS in my test env, I have built WSHelloWorld.war file and then ftp’d it to Sun box and there using asadmin utility as below I’ve deployed the war file.
---
asadmin> deploy --user admin --passwordfile myFile WSHelloWorld.war
Command deploy executed successfully.
-------
On Sun box on ejb folder I don’t see any files, only the WSHelloWorld folder
/var/opt/SUNWappserver/domains/domain1/generated/ejb/j2ee-modules/
In application folder I’ve found the class (WSHelloWorld.class)
This seems to me the deployment was not went OK,  now what should I do from here, where is problem? Please help
Thanks
[Message sent by forum member 'shafi77' (shafi77)]