users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Can GlassFish 2 do what Tomcat was able to do ?

From: Alexis Moussine-Pouchkine <alexis.mp_at_sun.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2008 09:03:49 +0200

http://wiki.glassfish.java.net/Wiki.jsp?page=GlassFishV3LiteExpressContent
  gives you an idea of what will be in v3 Prelude.
No EJB (although there will be a preview of EJB 3.1 available from the
update center), no clustering, no JMS, ....
Ryan is correct about the schedule (as of today of course).
Give v3 Prelude a try now (a recently promoted build), we're close to
Hard Code Freeze :
http://download.java.net/glassfish/v3/promoted/
You'll get a good idea of what to expect.

On the "compile/deploy on save", we're looking into a solution that
would require the use of NetBeans.
Certainly look first into what v3+eclipse has to offer today already.

-Alexis