users@glassfish.java.net

V3 b25 - apache logger not casting - different Classloader maybe...

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2008 08:05:20 PDT

I've tried the logger in apache-commons-10.0-SNAPSHOT.jar as well as older versions.

If I compile the webapp but don't include the jar in the war's lib I get classnotfound on the logger.

If the jar is included in the war then get the castable issue:

[code]
Caused by: java.lang.ClassCastException: org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl cannot be cast to org.apache.commons.logging.LogFactory
        at org.apache.commons.logging.LogFactory.newFactory(LogFactory.java:504)
[/code]
[Message sent by forum member 'rimartin7' (rimartin7)]