users@glassfish.java.net

Re: V3 and getting at the Felix.

From: Sahoo <sahoo_at_sun.com>
Date: Wed, 03 Sep 2008 13:06:54 +0530

Yes, we will certainly document how to use the remote shell with GFv3
once we start bundling the shell along with GFv3. For now, this is what
you can do:
1. download shell.remote bundle
2. download
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/felix/org.osgi.compendium/1.2.0/org.osgi.compendium-1.2.0.jar
bundle which provides the log package as needed by shell.remote.
3. Add both of them to auto.start list in felix/conf/config.properties.
4. Start GFv3.
Now you can telnet using port 6666. For more information, visit
http://felix.apache.org/site/apache-felix-remote-shell.html. I will work
with Felix community to update the document about missing log package
and how to handle it.

Coming to felix gui shell, no, we don't have any plans yet. We are more
interested in getting the Felix web console integrated, but my
understanding is that it depends on OSGi HTTP Service which we have not
yet implemented in GFv3. We also have plans to provide Felix
administration capabilities through GF admin interface like asadmin CLI
and admin web app. It won't happen in prelude.

Thanks,
Sahoo