users@glassfish.java.net

Re: restart glassfishv2u2 programmatically

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2008 03:11:09 PDT

I found a solution (it's more a workaround).

When I start glassfish as an application then I start a gfdaemon.bat file too. Which trys in a loop to start the glassfish server and then waits 60sec.

gfdaemon.bat:

:loop
rem echo start domain....
call D:\dev\3rdparty\glassfish-v2ur2\glassfish\bin\asadmin.bat start-domain
rem wait 60sec
echo wait 60sec...
ping 127.0.0.1 -n 60 -w 1000
goto loop

Now I use my Administration Client to call my restart jax-rpc webservice method(in that glassfish that should be restarted) which calls the Restarter.class and the Restarter calls the stopgf.bat.

stopgf.bat:

echo stop domain....
call D:\dev\3rdparty\glassfish-v2ur2\glassfish\bin\asadmin.bat stop-domain
exit

It works fine expect that the daemon.bat needs 25% of my cpu. :(

But at least I can restart the server from my Administration Client.
[Message sent by forum member 'montsie' (montsie)]