users@glassfish.java.net

How to use the Integrated Windows Authentification in a servlet ?

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2008 01:49:39 PDT

Hi,

I'm using GF 9.1 and Java 6.
For Web and Gui Apps I don't want that the users enter id and password. I want to use the windows credentials.

I was able to implement successfully the JAAS NTLoginModule in a java client.
The windows credentials can be retrieved, so I know now who is calling my java app.

The jaas login config file is stored on a website, and accessed via an URL.

But how can I use the 'Integrated Windows Authentification' in a servlet/jsp?
Using the same code i get an error like 'No login modules are configured'.

The execution of servlets are done on the serverside, of java clients on the windows machine. So maybe this approach can't work.

What exactly has to be done?

regards
[Message sent by forum member 'moj2ee' (moj2ee)]