users@glassfish.java.net

session Management in java web service irrespective of client

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2008 08:01:02 PDT

Please, needed urgent help.
I am developing java web service using JAX-RPC. I want to maintain session irresepective of client. That is, even dot net client is accessing service, session will be maintained. Beside that, I want to store the object provided by client in session as it will be common per client. So that web service wont process it again and again.

I do know how general settings need to be done at java client to enable session.
My problem is that if same thing can be achieved if the client is dot net client.

Is there standard way in http where i can recognise the session?

Thanks in advance.
[Message sent by forum member 'krishnanaik' (krishnanaik)]