users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Achieving Load balancing + HA on two servers

From: Kshitiz Saxena <Kshitiz.Saxena_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2008 15:33:17 +0530

Hi Anshul,

Web-server with load-balancer plugin only distributes client request to
application server instances. It does not actually service the request.
Based on client request, it will select back-end application server
instance and forward request to that instance. Application server will
process the request and generate response. Web-server will receive this
response and in-turn send this response to client. The information about
back-end application servers is available in load-balancer xml. Hence if
both deployment of web-server, on HOST1 and HOST2, have same
load-balancer xml, then they will requests serviced from same set of
application servers.

Hope this helps,
Kshitiz