users@glassfish.java.net

Re: restart glassfishv2u2 programmatically

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2008 02:28:50 PDT

>Do you face the same issue when you manually stop and start the domain ?

No. If I execute my restartgf.bat manually then it works fine.

But If I use the the restart feature from our administration client then it stops
the server (or at least the log says that the server is stopped).

If I uses now "netstat -a" I see that:

TCP lzgkam2:1625 localhost:8080 TIME_WAIT
TCP lzgkam2:1626 localhost:8080 TIME_WAIT
TCP lzgkam2:1628 localhost:8080 TIME_WAIT
TCP lzgkam2:1629 localhost:8080 TIME_WAIT
TCP lzgkam2:1630 localhost:8080 TIME_WAIT
TCP lzgkam2:8080 localhost:1627 TIME_WAIT

Why is the port 8080 state TIME_WAIT? And the others?

Now after 30sec the application server should "re start" but then a port conflict occurs. And the server stops...

If I uses now "netstat -a" I see that no 8080 port are active or waiting...
Now is the application server correctly stopped.

In the log I see no difference between a manually restart and a programmatically.

>Also let me know if you are running webserver along with glassfish?

No.

Any Suggestion?
Thanx
[Message sent by forum member 'montsie' (montsie)]