users@glassfish.java.net

can't execute create-fie-user command non-interactively?

From: Alex Sherwin <alex.sherwin_at_acadiasoft.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2008 00:47:00 -0400

Hi,

I'm using glassfish v2ur2, and setting up some automated install scripts,
which include creating a default FileRealm and a default user. However,
according to the output of "asadmin create-file-user --help", there does not
appear to be a way to specify the password to assign the user in the command
(either by file, or in a property).

Also, the --passwordfile option is listed twice in the usage syntax summary

And, the description says "Creates an entry in the keyfile with the
specified username, password, and groups" which eludes to being able to
create the user with a password

Currently, all methods I try challenge for input on stdin to set the
password

Am I missing something?

Alex Sherwin
alex.sherwin_at_acadiasoft.com