users@glassfish.java.net

Re: SessionBean Lookup/Injection from a pojo within the same EAR

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2008 07:35:39 PDT

When you say my POJO will only see the environment that it is being invoked from within are you assuming my POJO is being invoked from the EJB? My POJO is a standalone POJO which contains some business logic but is not required to be a bean. In other words my POJO is within the ejb project but simply needs a reference to the Session Bean. I tried the annotation example you specified per the FAQ but it doesn't solve the problem. My lookup still fails.

After reading your statement are you saying that a POJO itself cannot lookup and LocalInterface unless its invoked by the EJB at some point? My POJO is never invoked by the MessageManagerBean. It is actually the oposite where I want the POJO to get an instance of the session bean and call a interface method. Is this not possible anymore?
[Message sent by forum member 'sloanb' (sloanb)]