users@glassfish.java.net

Code-signing for java webstart / 2 certificates in one keystore?

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2008 03:46:33 PDT

Hi,

I've a little problem and I hope someone here can provide any help :)

I deployed a business application on glassfish, the application includes a web-client and an application-client (java webstart) - both deployed within one enterprise application.
The communication has be ssl secured, so I bought a VeriSign SSL-Certificate. Now the problem is, that the webstart application could not be started because the code is not signed. The server.log tells me "The signer certificate's ExtendedKeyUsage extension doesn't allow code signing." The webstart-client tells me about invalid netscape-bits and does not allow to start the application.

I called VeriSign technical support and the problem is, that a certificate can be a code-signing certificate OR ssl-certificate. Not both.

Is there any option, to store two certificates in the keystore? In this case.. will glassfish identify the right cert in each case (ssl/codesinging) automatically? Or do you seen any other option?

Thank you for any help!!
Jan
[Message sent by forum member 'jfbs' (jfbs)]