users@glassfish.java.net

Can I configure a connection pol that uses "Implicit Connection Caching"?

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2008 01:57:14 PDT

Hello,
  We'd like to configure a JDBC connection pool in domain.xml that uses the "implicit connection cache" provided by OracleDataSource rather than an external pool/cache.
Is this possible?
In that case, can you give me a hit on how to configure a pool to use this option ?

The only idea I came up with is to configure a normal Oracle pool with only 1 connection but that wouldn't work since the actual connection is made by GlassFish's pool and OracleDataSource has no access to it, right?

Any help (even if it is the reasons to not use OracleDataSource or that I cannot do that) will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
[Message sent by forum member 'elmanicou' (elmanicou)]