users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Entity cache and named query

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2008 00:31:49 PDT

Thanks for your answer.

What is Toplink Express: is it EclipseLink ?

I want to understand you: are you meaning that even if the entities are cached, JPA will make an SQL call ? In that case I don't understand the purpose of the entities cache !
For me, if entities are cached no SQL query is sent to database: is it true ?

Is the entity cache enable by default ? If not what are the modifications we have to make in order to enable the entity cache ?

Is it possible, easy to use EclipseLink in the actual Glassfish UR2 ?

Best Regards.
[Message sent by forum member 'franos13' (franos13)]