users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Packaging JSP in JAR files

From: Jose Noheda <jose.noheda_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2008 18:29:55 +0200

I wanted to offer a complete "module" made of several controllers, the views
(JSPs), resource bundles and such. Like packaging a flow of Spring Webflow.
But in the end that would impose a hefty burden on the client app as the
appearance probably won't match and all that (menus et al). So finally I'm
more inclined to include all the components (as tag files) and some sample
JSPs. Not as feature complete but much easier (for me) and probably offering
a better overall integration. JSPs would offer the best solution for a
complete (self-contained) web app (helping for example with page navigation)
but may be not for something that is just included as a subset of
functionality in a bigger scheme.