users@glassfish.java.net

Re: How to stop EJB timers being deleted upon app undeployment

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2008 15:07:13 PDT

The timers I'm using are just entries in my db. I don't need to (re)create them on restart, redeploy, etc, because they are there already (in the db). The only thing I need to do is start my timer thread. If I was using EJBTimers, then after undeploy/redeploy I would need to recreate them because unlike the rest of my app data they would have been unconditionally removed - that is precisely what I'm trying to avoid. Simply put, I want to own all of my data, in one place, with one set of semantics. Again, it's true that things are fine if I simply never undeploy, but I don't like that hanging over my head, for the reasons I've mentioned, including moving my app to a different server, testing, etc.
[Message sent by forum member 'mrawl' (mrawl)]