users@glassfish.java.net

How to associate thread-pool with an embedded Resource Adapter

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2008 11:05:11 PDT

I have an EAR that contains an embedded resource adapter. This resource-adapter uses the WorkManager to create Work jobs that are executed in separate threads. I would like to configure this resource adapter to use its own thread pool.

I uses the "asadmin create-resource-adapter-config" command to associate the resource adapter with the thread pool, but it appears that this is having no effect. Inside the "domain.xml", I see:

[i]
<resource-adapter-config object-type="user" resource-adapter-name="csem#csem-prma" thread-pool-ids="pcs-service-threads"/>
[/i]

My EAR file is "csem.ear" and the resource adapter file is "csem-pmra.rar" within the "csem.ear".

I used the monitoring capability of Glassfish and I see that no work items ever use the "pcs-service-threads" pool. Also, there are no errors reported during deployment or at runtime.

So how can I associate a separate pool with this resource adapter?
[Message sent by forum member 'bbergquist' (bbergquist)]