users@glassfish.java.net

Using EJB 3.0 session bean from J2EE 1.4 web project

From: Ryan de Laplante <ryan_at_ijws.com>
Date: Tue, 02 Sep 2008 09:52:58 -0400

Hi,

I have been battling with this for at least a few days now. I have an
EJB 3.0 stateless session bean in a EAR. In the same EAR I have a J2EE
1.4 web project with a JAX-RPC service endpoint. The service needs to
use an EJB 3.0 stateless session bean.

Do I need to create a local home interface?
Do I need to add something to the web.xml to make it see the EJB in
JNDI? What do I add in there?
What else do I need to do?

I've scoured google for days and nothing has worked.

I chose to use a J2EE 1.4 project for the JAX-RPC endpoint because
NetBeans won't let me create one in a Java EE 5 web project, and the
service MUST be JAX-RPC.

Thanks,
Ryan