users@glassfish.java.net

Glassfish 2 + Crypto Accelerator on T2000

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2008 21:21:57 PDT

I'm trying to figure-out how to get Glassfish to use the hardware crypto accelerator on the Sun Fire T2000 servers.

In Application Server 8.x, which used NSS for crypto, it was a matter of using modutil to enable the "Sun Metaslot" PKCS11 token. Docs explain this at: http://developers.sun.com/appserver/reference/techart/keymgmt.html

However this doesn't work under Glassfish / SJSAS 9.1 as it no longer uses NSS for security and instead uses JKS. ie: no more secmod.db etc, but keystore.jks.

I'm using SJSAS 9.1U2, JDK 1.6_07 on a T2000, and it doesn't appear to be using the T2000's ncp0 crypto accelerator for HTTPS rsa/dsa, as presumably a similar procedure to the one described for 8.x hasn't been done yet.

Any ideas on how to get Glassfish/SJSAS 9.1 running with JKS for securty to use PKCS11 crypto accelerators like the ncp0 device in the T2000 ?

Any suggestions would be appreciated!
[Message sent by forum member 'coreyjohnston' (coreyjohnston)]