users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Please help me with integrating javax.persistence into GlassFish

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2008 05:02:20 PDT

Hi jmarine,

I had exactly the same problem as described at the beginning of this thread for the same example. I did two things:

a) I created the build.properties file as described in http://java.sun.com/javaee/5/docs/tutorial/doc/bnaan.html. This is a necessary step described in the documentation. Then I opened the bookstore1 project without its dependencies and tried to compile it. That's when I got the javax.persistence does not exist message. Adding TopLink Essential did not solve the issue.

b) Then, I followed your recommendations and opened the bookstore project. I made sure that the TopLink Essential library was included in both projects. Now it compiles fine!!!

Thanks for everyone's input,

J.
[Message sent by forum member 'adamman71' (adamman71)]