users@glassfish.java.net

SOA Registry/Repository

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 09 Sep 2008 15:37:21 PDT

We are exploring the possibility of developing a new SOA platform based on the community of projects that rally around the GlassFish banner. This project is one for the healthcare industry, specifically, those efforts around establishment of the NHIN (Nationwide Health Information Network).

We note the curious lack in GlassFish of a cornerstone of SOA - that of a Registry/Repository.

We know that this is integral with the Enterprise edition (srvc-registry). Are there plans for this on the table that I am just not aware of? If not, how difficult would it be to incorporate a RegRep like ebxmlrr, ourselves?

This question is more than an academic exercise. In order for the healthcare industry to achieve full interoperability as envisioned for the NHIN, ontologies and web services via a SOA Registry/Repository are a must.

Thank you for your time.

Jim
[Message sent by forum member 'jimkfoster' (jimkfoster)]