users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Sending JMS to a Remote GlassFish Server problems

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 09 Sep 2008 06:43:52 PDT

Hi, I am facing the same problem and have a few more questions.

> "com.sun.enterprise.naming.SerialInitContext" that
> wraps S1ASCtxFactory, and it looks like pretty much
> all it does it check the ORB properties and use them
> if they are set.
Does it mean you connected to Server A using com.sun.enterprise.naming.SerialInitContext?

> Create a JMS Resource (JNDI mapping only, dont bother
> creating a JMS Dest) that matches the JNDI on the
> remote server, i.e.:
How can you create a JNDI mapping but without a destination resource? Do you refer to it in your app deployed on ServerA using <message-destination> tags?

> Server B (Remote)
> jms_destA (JMS dest)
> jms/destA (JNDI resource)
>
> ServerA (Local)
> jms/remote/ConnFactory (w/ AddressList property set
> for the ServerB imq server)
> jms/destA JNDI (but no jms dest created)
>
> Now when you lookup jms/destA with
> jms/remote/ConnFactory on ServerA, it will lookup the
> remote server.
Do you set any properties like ORBInitialHost or ORBInitialPort in the initial context you open to ServerA?

What do you mean by lookup jms/destA with jms/remote/ConnFactory? Isn't jms/destA looked up as initialContext.lookup("jms/destA")? this is the normal way to look up destinations.

Thanks for any feedback or help. I'm fed up with this and also ask how can this be so non-trivial and under documented...

Tibor
[Message sent by forum member 'hegyit' (hegyit)]