users@glassfish.java.net

Configuring multiple security realms in a single web.xml?

From: Alex Sherwin <alex.sherwin_at_acadiasoft.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2008 21:02:33 -0400

Hello all,

I've never had a need for this before, but now we'd like to do this. I
assumed this would simply be a configuration in web.xml, but login-module
and realm-name are both singleton entries in the web.xml schema.

Essentially, we want it to be able to cascade through multiple realms (i.e.
try ldap, jdbc then file).

Would this really require writing a custom login module to use, and hard
code the other modules to load up and try to authenticate against?

This seems like it would be a fairly common thing, yet I can't find any
information regarding it...

Alex Sherwin
alex.sherwin_at_acadiasoft.com