users@glassfish.java.net

RE: InitialContext question

From: Alex Sherwin <alex.sherwin_at_acadiasoft.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2008 09:31:17 -0400

If you dig down into the GlassFish code (as I had to do when tracking down this issue), you will see that once these properties get set in the JVM, then it continues to use them for all InitialContext instances (yes, what a PITA).

For what I needed (different ConnectionFactory instances for different servers), I actually ended up doing it through props on the connection factories, rather then do it programmatically through InitialContext.

I was never able to find a solution to the issue you're having...

Alex Sherwin
alex.sherwin_at_acadiasoft.com