users@glassfish.java.net

Re: EJB Client hangs sporadically

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 04 Sep 2008 02:48:52 PDT

Some more information:

The client hangs in a business method. There is no CORBA (or GIOP) request in wireshark visible, although the server answers to this reqeust. This then leads to the timeout.
The hint is in "CorbaResponseWaitingRoomImpl.java:198" :

        // This is an interesting case. It could mean that someone sent us a
        // reply message, but we don't know what request it was for. That
        // would probably call for an error. However, there's another case
        // that's normal and we should think about --

This seems to be exactly what is happening.

Can anyone shed more light on this? Why is the server responding to a reply that was never sent (although the business logic seems to have sent it). Mysterious....

Thanks,
Carstn
[Message sent by forum member 'carmeyer' (carmeyer)]