users@glassfish.java.net

Deployment trouble, glassfish -- need help please

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2008 18:07:50 PDT

Hi,

Need some help with glassfish deployment.

I have written a web-application using a recent netbeans/glassfish bundle on a windows machine with mysql. The application works fine on the development-machine.

I am now trying to deploy the .war-file assembled by netbeans on a linux production server with glassfish+mysql installed, but without netbeans installed.

The problem I have, apparently, is with the Connection-pool and JDBC resources.

On the development machine, I have a connection-pool and a JDBC resource defined in Glassfish server.

On the prod, machine, I am not sure if I am supposed to define these two manually before deploying, or if they should be automatically created from xml-data in the .war-file.

If I try to deploy the .war-file without first creating the connection-pool and JDBC resource, I get the following error-msg when deploying from the admin-GUI:

[b]Deploying application in domain failed;
Deployment Errorjava.sql.SQLException:
This pool is not registered with the runtime environment : null --
Internal Exception: java.sql.SQLException:
This pool is not registered with the runtime environment : null
Error Code: 0
[/b]

But if I first create the resources manually before deploying, I get another error-msg instead:

[b]Deploying application in domain failed;
The resource jdbc/mysql/mysqldb01 is having a conflict with resource defined in domain.xml.
The resource mysqlPool is having a conflict with resource defined in domain.xml.
[/b]

Can somebody please explain what the trouble is or how to trouble-shoot it?

TIA,
[Message sent by forum member 'hotblack' (hotblack)]