users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Can not start domain

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2008 07:36:32 PDT

It might be time well spent for you to read the GlassFish quick start guide: https://glassfish.dev.java.net/downloads/quickstart/index.html

You have already done several of the steps but the guide will give you a bit more thorough background in how to use GlassFish which will answer many of your questions.

> Ok, I got domain1 started, using port 4848 (even though it says "Domain does not support application server clusters and other standalone instances").

As the create-domain help explains you can create a domain according to different profiles. The default is the developer profile which supports only a single instance, which is what most developers want. You can create the domain using other profiles if you need multiple instance and cluster support.

> However, I'm not sure in which directory I should be placing my servlet .class files.
> Right now, when I run an html page through my browser that sends a POST message to the server and outputs a different html page, I get Http status 404.

Look at the quick start guide. There are several options for deploying your application.

- Tim
[Message sent by forum member 'tjquinn' (tjquinn)]