users@glassfish.java.net

Instance of EJBClassLoader not correctly removed on redeploy

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2008 06:04:02 PDT

Hallo all!
I realized that my application has a massive memory leak, after redeploying the application the used memory almost doubles.

I made a heap dump and analyzed it with Eclipse Memory Analyzer.

On the heap, one bean is loaded twice from different EJBClassLoaders, it seams to me, that the old instance is not removed correctly on redeployment.

In this particular bean i'm messing a bit with ejb specification and use a static ConcurrentHashMap for caching some data.

What could be a reason that the VM does not remove the old EJBClassLoader?
Is there any we to force a removal?

Best wishes
-stephan
[Message sent by forum member 'iceandfire' (iceandfire)]