users@glassfish.java.net

How to turn off session attribute serialization?

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2008 05:10:26 PDT

I am using Glassfish v2 ur2 with NetBeans 6.1. Each time I redeploy an application Glassfish throws Exceptions indicating that it cannot serialize the objects that I have placed in session. These objects don't implement the Serializable interface so from that standpoint I understand why the Exceptions are being thrown. What I can't figure out is how to configure Glassfish such that it does not try to serialize the objects in session. The documentation indicates that the default persistence type is 'memory'. I haven't overridden that property in either the domain.xml or sun-web.xml for my Web application so I don't understand why Glassfish is trying to persist these objects. Any pointers here would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
[Message sent by forum member 'sl5337' (sl5337)]