users@glassfish.java.net

MDB Transaction Issue

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2008 06:37:58 PDT

I have a MDB that uses the container for transaction handling. If the bean fails to consume the message I call a routine that writes out to an error log. The problem I'm having is that when I rollback the transaction (so that the message will be resent) my log gets rolled back.

Right now I'm working on moving to a bean managed transaction. However, I thought someone might have an idea as how to get the logging to fall outside the transaction that the container is managing.
[Message sent by forum member 'mcfarlap' (mcfarlap)]