users@glassfish.java.net

Re: case insensitive urls for static files

From: Jeanfrancois Arcand <Jeanfrancois.Arcand_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 03 Sep 2008 10:43:45 -0400

Salut,

glassfish_at_javadesktop.org wrote:
> Hi,
> I want glassfish http server to response without case sensitivity for static file requests ( jpg, gifs..) on Windows server.
>
> e.g. http://localhost/webapp/XYZ.jpg and http://localhost/webapp/xyz.jpg must map to same resource. This is the default behaviour on IIS servers. Is there a way to adjust glassfish like that?

No we aren't allowing such behavior. I'm not an expert with IIS, but
does it allow that behavior for extension mapping as well? E.g.
index.jsp and index.JSP will be considered to be the same file?

For sure we cannot support the extension mapping, but the resource
mapping can be probably be implemented (need to double check), Can you
file an RFE here:

https://glassfish.dev.java.net/issues/enter_bug.cgi

A+

-- Jeanfrancois