users@glassfish.java.net

Re: can't assign glassfish prelude to enterprise application netbeans 6.5

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2008 07:27:37 PDT

> > Anyway it's much easier now to get it done.
> > By the way I didn't expect that glassfish will
> treat
> > EJB module as optional part.
>
> That's a good feedback. But Prelude is really about
> the base web distribution and everything possible
> should be added on top of it via update center. Would
> you have liked EJB in the base bundle itself instead?
> What are your download-size concerns? Or is that a
> myth? (Is it ok for us to make you download 35 MB
> instead of 25 MB?)

I didn't know that Prelude one of the main goals to be the base for web distribution.
I suppose that somebody from glassfish team should put article where to show that Prelude is very different animal comparing with previous Glassfish versions :)
Now it makes sense that Glassfish didn't include EJB Module.
For me doesn't matter the download size.
After excluding EJB Module from the bundle everybody will see clearly that Glassfish is not anymore traditional kind of Java EE Server. So keep the start bundle slim to prove the server doesn't have preferences between technologies that able to run on it.

After I added EJB Module to Prelude I still can't assign Prelude to my enterprise application or new enterprise application. So I will try to send related email to address that you provided.

I appreciate your help.

Vladimir
[Message sent by forum member 'vladperl' (vladperl)]