users@glassfish.java.net

Re: grizzly error

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2008 07:21:47 PDT

> Salut,
>
> glassfish_at_javadesktop.org wrote:
> > Any idea what this is about? It appears every 5
> secs in one particular. The log level is FINE
> though.. I am using
> -Dcom.sun.enterprise.web.useCoyoteConnector=true. So,
> does that mean that the setting isn't working? Is it
> still using Grizzly?

First, the setting to use coyote using the above JVM option wasn't working because the setting is wrong! It is missing a .connector - It should have been: -Dcom.sun.enterprise.web.connector.useCoyoteConnector=true

After using the proper setting, coyote was used by the server instead of Grizzly as expected.

The reason for switching in the first place: The max-connections-reached: 4096 problem. I used coyote wit these settings: keep alive max-connections = 1, and timeout = 30 seconds. I also set request processing threads to 500. The 'real' reason for the connections is most likely in the application - maybe some JDBC connections weren't being closed or whatever.. I couldn't see the code in the very limited time I was allowed..

> Can you share a test case? I don't think that
> exception is the reason to
> your failure (if failures you have :-))
>
> A+
>
> -- Jeanfrancois

Unfortunately not. I don't own the code or have even looked at it. A colleague of mine told me that it was a bug in Grizzly that had been fixed - something about a FileInputStream not being closed. I don't have much more information though. If I find the bug id, I will post it. -- as a side note: I don't think this had anything to do with the max-connections-reached:4096 problem that I mentioned above.. Using coyote was a woraround that solved that particular problem. The below error was for a different app. This one also has problems with in-memory replication failing. I have a feeling that these 2 are related (pure speculation) and maybe it was because there was something that could not be serializable in the session.. don't know for sure though.