users@glassfish.java.net

Can't deploy webapp anymore (Exception sending context initialized event to listener instance of class com.sun.faces.config.ConfigureListener)

From: Danilo Levantesi <danilo.levantesi_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2008 16:59:20 +0200

Hi to all,
I hope anyone can help me solving this strange behaviour.
I'm developing a webapp using JFS+Facelets+Richfaces, using Maven2, and, until
this morning, all these things worked together like a charm.
Suddenly I deployed the war to Glassvish v2ur2 b04 and got an error:

WebModule[/nsp]PWC1275: Exception sending context initialized event to
listener instance of class com.sun.faces.config.ConfigureListener
java.lang.Error: Unresolved compilation problems:
        The import javax.faces cannot be resolved
        The import javax.faces cannot be resolved
        The import javax.faces cannot be resolved
        The import javax.faces cannot be resolved
        The import javax.faces cannot be resolved
        The import javax.servlet cannot be resolved
        PhaseListener cannot be resolved to a type
        PhaseEvent cannot be resolved to a type
        PhaseEvent cannot be resolved to a type
        PhaseId cannot be resolved
        FacesContext cannot be resolved to a type
        HttpSession cannot be resolved to a type
        HttpSession cannot be resolved to a type
        FacesMessage cannot be resolved to a type
        FacesMessage cannot be resolved to a type
        FacesMessage cannot be resolved to a type
        PhaseId cannot be resolved to a type
        PhaseId cannot be resolved

I did not change any config file (or at least I don't remember :D ); I checked
if I (wrongly) had some jsf related jars in my war, but I found nothing.
Following the list of the jars included in my .war

WEB-INF/lib/xercesImpl-2.4.0.jar
WEB-INF/lib/jsr181-api-1.0-MR1.jar
WEB-INF/lib/richfaces-impl-3.2.1.GA.jar
WEB-INF/lib/richfaces-ui-3.2.1.GA.jar
WEB-INF/lib/commons-logging-1.0.4.jar
WEB-INF/lib/tomahawk-facelets-taglib.jar
WEB-INF/lib/commons-digester-1.8.jar
WEB-INF/lib/commons-collections-3.2.jar
WEB-INF/lib/oscache-2.3.jar
WEB-INF/lib/persistence-api-1.0.jar