users@glassfish.java.net

Options for concurrency within Glassfish v3?

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2008 17:37:34 PDT

What methods are (or will be) available within Glassfish v3 for asynchronous task execution?

I am aware of:
 - java.util.concurrent classes. This appears to work fine, but it isn't recommended due to the threads not being managed by Glassfish. How much of a problem is this? Is there any alternative implementation of TaskExecutorService that is safe to use within Glassfish?
 - JMS and MDB based system. I would prefer to avoid this if a simpler, thread-based solution was available.
 - JSR-236 Concurrency Utilities for Java EE. This looks like what I need, but it doesn't seem to be implemented in Glassfish v3 TP2. Is it due for implementation or inclusion any time soon?

Are there any other options I haven't listed here?

Thanks in advance,

Luke Monahan
[Message sent by forum member 'ltmon' (ltmon)]