users@glassfish.java.net

How to connect from GlassFish ORB to SSL enabled CORBA service?

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2008 11:34:05 PDT

Hello,
I do have CORBA service developed in C++ which supports SSL communication. I'm trying to use this service from own JACC provider which is loaded to GlassFish, but it fails all the time. The problem is that GF's ORB is using clear text IIOP although service's IOR is SSL enabled. As a proof that my service is working well I do have java client written for JacORB and with appropriate setup of JacORB's specific properties it runs well and really uses SSL for communication.
Is there any trick how to achieve SSL-based communication between GF's ORB and any other CORBA ORB? From GF's sources it looks like it might be good idea to get ORB's instance by calling com.sun.enterprise.util.ORBManager.getORB instead of plain ORB.init(). The problem is that even with that ORB the communication is still not using SSL. This surprises me, since it seems GF's ORB supports SSL for communication as it supports SSL-based listeners.
Do you have any idea or advice what to do to either better debug and understand this issue or even how to enable SSL communication on GF's ORB's client side?
Thanks!
Karel
[Message sent by forum member 'kgardas' (kgardas)]