users@glassfish.java.net

Help newbe to update glassfish to the latest version

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2008 09:54:35 PDT

Hi glassfish experts,
I am new to glassfish and I need people like you to help me.
I was getting an error when trying to run an application that is running fine in Websphere. The error is HTTP 500 with the following:
org.apache.jasper.JasperException: java.lang.NullPointerException.
I checked the log file, and it seemed like the jsp was unabled to be compiled.

When I researched, I found users that have come accross it and said that updating the glassfish will do the trick. I downloaded the latest v.2 of glassfish, and attempted to run install it over the existing one. Unfortunatly, when I attempted to run the "ant setup-cluster.xml" I got an exception saying that the builder class was not found.
Any help will be appreciated.
Thank you in advance.
[Message sent by forum member 'eva1' (eva1)]