users@glassfish.java.net

Problem with System.getProperty, not proper list format?!

From: august2008 <b.menting_at_amnesty.nl>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2008 05:16:13 -0700 (PDT)

Developping with: Netbeans 5.5.1
Glassfish local: 9.1 (build b58g-fcs)
Glassfish on server: 9.1_01 (build b09d-fcs)

I get the following internal error when working from server:

javax.servlet.ServletException: Expression '$property{list}' did not resolve
to a List! Found: 'java.lang.String'

Working locally there is no problem. I suspect it has to do with a
System.getProperty("…") call. The spelling of the property name is correct,
only the value differs.
The name contains a ‘_’ and the value contains various “|”. I specify this
because I first had “\” in the value, and that caused the glassfish server
to stop!

Glassfish server has been restarted after adding/changing the property.

What is the problem here? And how can I get it to work?

Thanks in advance!