users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Using Sun's Migration Tool...

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2008 13:58:34 PDT

You are correct that the para at the end of the http://wiki.glassfish.java.net/Wiki.jsp?page=M2GInstSetup page state that asmt-rt.jar needs to be added.This step was for a compatability library (packaged in asmt-rt.jar) and Oracle JDBC driverfs (classes12.zip) - neither of which are bundled with migrationtool on http://migrate2glassfish.dev.java.net any more. I will remove this step from the documentation.

I ran the migration tool ( in the GUI mode) against a WebSphere 5.x ear file and it migrated it successfully. I did set the three env variables JAVA_HOME, ASMT_HOME and J2EE_HOME as described in the http://wiki.glassfish.java.net/Wiki.jsp?page=M2GInstSetup and ran the tool.

The migration tool uses JAXB (there is a version bundled internally) but you might be picking up a different version of JAXB based on your configuration.
[Message sent by forum member 'sekhar' (sekhar)]