users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Technical Prezo - OSGi Intro and Overview

From: Kristian Rink <kawazu_at_zimmer428.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2008 10:29:13 +0200

Hi Alexis;

Alexis Moussine-Pouchkine schrieb:
> On a similar note, here's a simple scenario enabled by having an OSGi
> runtime:
> http://java.dzone.com/news/from-osgi-glassfish-5-steps

Yes, I already made my way through this, but, even though it's overally a
good thing (especially the inclusion of maven as development tool which
really fits our needs like a glove), but so far lacking a straightforward
(and not "self-tailored") way to access bundles deployed like that in custom
Java EE applications makes this more a "show-and-tell" feature rather than
something useful (hope this doesn't sound more rude than it is meant to - I
really appreciate the work that has been done on OSGi integration in
glassfish so far!).

Cheers,
Kristian

--