users@glassfish.java.net

Re: porting application from jboss to glassfish

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2008 08:40:18 PDT

Mike: As Alexis pointed out, you can see the blog http://weblogs.java.net/blog/sekhar/archive/2008/02/migration_jboss.html . This shows how I migrated the "Sample JSF-EJB3 Application" from JBoss Getting Started Guide. The sample uses JSF, facelets, Java Persistence, EJB 3 sessions beans.

You can look at the http://wiki.glassfish.java.net/Wiki.jsp?page=M2GMigrationGuide . The section on JBoss -> GlassFish lists some of the issues that have been encountered. I maintain this guide on an ongoing basis. If you don't see a migration issue/solution you have run into, search this forum (in case I have not yet added to the migration guide) and also please consider adding to the migration guide. It will benefit the community.
[Message sent by forum member 'sekhar' (sekhar)]