users@glassfish.java.net

gfv2u2 -> gfv2u2-ml: migration caveats?

From: Kristian Rink <kawazu_at_zimmer428.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2008 11:26:49 +0200

Folks;

rather quick question, as I so far consider moving our environment from
gfv2u2 to gfv2u2-ml in order to allow our admins to use the German webadmin
user interface. So far I simply wanted to replace the folders, throw in the
old domain.xml, required libraries (JDBC drivers, most notably) in the
domain folder, redeploy our apps and hope for the best. Question, however:
Would that do? Are there any caveats I should be aware before trying so?
Would, optionally, be simply restoring the backup created by "asadmin
backup-domain" to the newly installed gfv2u2-ml server be an option to get
quickly out of this?

TIA for any hints,
Kristian

--