users@glassfish.java.net

Remote client does not fail fast

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2008 01:27:29 PDT

Hi

I'm connecting to a glassfish appserver from a remote vm. If the appserver is down, the client orb keeps trying to connect to the server for 60 seconds. This means that that my app "hangs" during this time. I would like it to fail immediately.
This forum post (http://forums.sun.com/thread.jspa?messageID=4354346) suggest setting
com.sun.corba.ee.transport.ORBCommunicationsRetryTimeout=1
This has no effect.

I had to write my own code to first try to make a socket connection to the server in order to get it to fail fast which is obviously not ideal.

The other question I've got is where I can get some documentation for all the settings for the SUN orb. I've also been trying to locate the source code for com.sun.corba.ee but without any success. The classes are included in the appserv-rt.jar file but the source is not in the glassfish source package.

Thanks
Eduard
[Message sent by forum member 'eduardp' (eduardp)]