users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Client Cert Based Authentication - from tomcat JDBCRealm to Glassfish

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2008 18:58:08 PDT

Question 1 : Does the userCredCol need to be populated?
-- We populate the userCredCol in our use case.

Question 2 : The certificate SubjectDN filed contains special characters. Are these needed in the userNameCol as well? I guess the real question is "what is the format requirement on the authentication fields in the userTable?". How do I insert the values into my Oracle Database?
--- SubjectDN is stored in the db as is. Storing special characters should not be any issue. We have custom page within our application that creates an entry in the table along with assigning the roles.

Hope that answers your question.

NT
[Message sent by forum member 'ntonne' (ntonne)]