users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Toplink in Java SE, are there known issues connecting to MS SQL server?

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2008 09:05:15 PDT

Hello,

This error is very strange. As I mentioned before, TopLink is just using the DriverManager to connect, and is passing in properties as defined. The error itself is strange, as it is saying "java.net.SocketException: Connection reset". Searching for something similar, I found:
  http://forum.springframework.org/archive/index.php/t-34460.html

From the resolution in that post, it sounds like the database itself was the culprit. I cannot explain why the same thing works from JDBC, unless your JDBC tests are picking up some driver property somewhere that the tests using TopLink Essentials are not. Can you try a different server instance and see? If it still doesn't work, can you also post the stack trace that occurs with the other driver, incase it shows a clue to what is going wrong.

Best Regards,
Chris
[Message sent by forum member 'chris_delahunt' (chris_delahunt)]