users@glassfish.java.net

properties file in EAR

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2008 07:49:44 PDT

Hello,

Using Glassfish 2.2, I am trying to add a common property file in an EAR file which can be used by all jars/wars in the EAR.

EAR structure:
- META-INF/MANIFEST.MF
- proj.war
- proj-ejb.jar
- proj-util.jar

I tried the following.
1. create resources folder in EAR and add "resoureces/" to class-path in all manifests.
2. some other way with APP-INF which seems to be only Weblogic specific. (I am using glassfish)

What is the proper way to do this in glassfish or do I have to bundle the properties file with each jar/war?

Thanks

PS: I want to share common.properties (for app properties) as well as log4j.properties
[Message sent by forum member 'marlor' (marlor)]