users@glassfish.java.net

performance monitoring ...

From: Russ Petruzzelli <Russ.Petruzzelli_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2008 18:26:35 -0700

I am trying to monitor glassfish with a jmx connector.
My problem is I am unable to from a remote machine. (This is probably
not a glassfish issue per se.)
- To diagnose this I have run jconsole on the local glassfish machine --
jconsole connects successfully. This tells me that the jmxrmi connector
is up, listening and responding on port 8686.

The remote application I am trying is "Applications Manager" from
ManageEngine. (I tried this because it doesn't appear glassfish has any
of the old webserver ".perf" features. Am I mistaken?) It won't connect.

Firewalls are disabled on my remote windows machine.
Glassfish is on a Solaris box.

I also tried an ssh tunnel in case any routers were blocking port
8686. (I have "AllowTcpForwarding yes" in my solaris
/etc/ssh/sshd_config file. And restarted the ssh service.) (I tried
another tunnel to ldap on port 389 and that works, but the tunnel for
jmxrmi:8686 does not.)

I'm stuck. Thanks for any tips.
Russ