users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Has anyone tried v3 in Turkish?

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2008 07:28:52 PDT

Thanks for doing these tests.

So, it looks like v3 suffers from the same issues as v2 when started in a Turkish locale.

I work on the server integration for NetBeans. There is a bug filed against the plugin, because the user cannot run or deploy their apps when the server is running in tr_TR... Since it is bit outside my role to rewrite every line of server code that misuses toUpperCase() and toLowerCase(), I am thinking about implementing the following work-around:

   If the IDE is running under tr_TR, I will start the server in en_US from inside the IDE when the user requests that the IDE start the app server.

So, my question is: Is this work-around "too much"?

Thanks,
vbk
[Message sent by forum member 'vbkraemer' (vbkraemer)]